What’s in my stash and how much does it cost?
I’m participating in the 2017 Flats and Handwashing Challenge, hosted by Cloth Diaper Revival. As a blogger, I’m tasked with sharing my thoughts each day with an assigned topic. Today I’m going to share with you the flat diapers and covers that I’m using for the challenge, and their cost. This post contains affiliate links.
- 6 x Osocozy Bamboo flat diapers – $28
- 4 x IKEA Muslin flats – $13
- 4 x Flannel receiving blankets handed down from family – $0
- 4 x PUL one size Cloth Diaper Covers ( 2 Thirsties, 1 sweet pea, 1 best bottom) – $66
- 1 Disana wool cover for overnight – $22
- 5 x Applecheeks fleece liners -$6
- 3 x Snappi diaper pins – $12
- Total cost: $147 canadian
More than I need
In reality, I didn’t need to buy anything for the challenge, because all of this this was already a part of my enormous cloth diaper stash. I have about 8 more PUL covers and 3 more wool covers that I could use, too. But these are the items that I set aside specifically for the challenge.
I am realizing that I don’t even need as much as I have listed, because washing once a day has me only using 6 diapers and 2 covers. The Snappi were bought in a 3 pack, when I really only needed one. And I could get all this used for much less.
If I pushed myself finding used covers, and made flat diapers out of my husband’s old tshirts, I’m confident that I could do the challenge for about $40. Maybe next year I will try that!
My Osocozy Bamboo Flats are honestly the greatest thing ever so I can’t just NOT use them. 😜 I have often said that I’d be happy with a whole stash of them. They are very hard to find in Canada, but Lagoonbaby.com typically has them in stock.